About Me...

My name is Keating Clark Helms. I am a senior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies. I hope to graduate this May and then pursue an alternate masters in Special Education. I hope that in the near future I will be teaching and coaching football on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. In my free time I like to hang out with my family and friends. I also like working with the youth.

Keeping an open mind

No one is ever going to like everyone they encounter. Being a teacher means that you have to keep an open mind towards everyone. Don't be bias when it comes to helping students. Give every student the same respect and also listen to what they have to say. The key to being a good teacher is keeping the line of communication open. Once that line has been closed the title of "teacher" becomes worthless.